A gland is a group of cells in an Human’s body that synthesizes substances (such as hormones) for release into the bloodstream (endocrine gland) or into cavities inside the body or its outer surface (exocrine gland).
The major glands that make up the human endocrine system include the:
Reproductive glands (which include the ovaries and testes)
Hormone is any member of a class of signaling molecules produced by glands in multicellular organisms that are transported by the circulatory system to target distant organs to regulate physiology and behaviour. Hormones have diverse chemical structures, mainly of 3 classes: eicosanoids, steroids, and amino acid/protein derivatives (amines, peptides, and proteins). The glands that secrete hormones comprise the endocrine signaling system.
Here i have listed some important Questions related to Glands and Hormones that generally ask in examinations (#2)
1. What is the weight of Pituitary gland ?
2. What is the wight of Pituitary gland ?
3. Which gland is known as master of gland ?
4. Which gland control other glands ?
=>Pituitary gland ?
5. How many types of Hormones are produced in Pituitary gland ?
6. Which hormones increase the growth rate of human body ?
7. Which Hormones Secrete milk in Female ?
8.Which gland is responsible for growth of body ?
9. Which gland is responsible for milk produce in female ?
10. What is the color of Pineal gland ?
11. What is the length of Pineal gland ?
12. How many glands are there in brain ?
13. What is the length of Thyroid gland ?
14. What is the width of Thyroid gland ?
15. What is the weight of Thyroid gland ?
=>30 to 50 gram
16. Which hormones secretes in Thyroid gland ?
=> Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine
17. How many percent of iron contains in Thyroxine hormone ?
18. How many Parathyroid gland in our body ?
19. What is the weight of each Parathyroid gland?
20. Which hormones secrete in Parathyroid glands ?
Click here to read Next part-3
Important Link For You ..Check it Once
<<< Click here to read First part (#1) >>>
<<< Games and Sports >>>
<<< Science >>>
<<<-- Click here and be in touch to get latest update –>>>