What is SAARC ?
The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of nations in South Asia. Its member states include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. SAARC comprises 3% of the world’s area, 21% of the world’s population and 3.8% (US$2.9 trillion) of the global economy, as of 2015.
SAARC was founded in Dhaka on 8 December 1985. Its secretariat is based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The organization promotes development of economic and regional integration. It launched the South Asian Free Trade Area in 2006. SAARC maintains permanent diplomatic relations at the United Nations as an observer and has developed links with multilateral entities, including the European Union..
Some Important Questions of SAARC are listed below which generally asked in Exam competition .
1. What does SAARC Stand for ?
=>South Asian Association for Regional Co-Operation
2. Who First appeal to Organize SAARC ?
=>Ziaur Rahman (President of Bangladesh)
3. When was the Ziaur Rahman appeal to Organize SAARC ?
4. When was the SAARC Established ?
5. Under how many Countries the SAARC was established ?
6. How many Countries are there in SAARC ?
7. List the Name of SAARC Countries ?
=>Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
8. Which is the last added country in SAARC ?
9. When was the Afghanistan included in SAARC Family ?
10. Where and in which Conference the Afghanistan included in SAARC ?
=>In New Delhi – 14th Conference
11. Which is the biggest country of SAARC in area and Population both ?
12. What is the Average Area of India ?
13. Which is the Second biggest Country of SAARC ?
14. What is the average Area of Pakistan ?
15. What is the Average area of Afghanistan ?
16. How many Landlocked Country are there in SAARC , name them ?
=>3. (Nepal ,Bhutan, and Afghanistan)
17. What is the average area of Bangladesh ?
18. From which Country the Bangladesh was Formed ?
19. When was the Bangladesh Formed ?
=>In 1971 A.D
20. What is the average area of SriLanka ?